Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello Friends Card

A graduate of the high school in my town is now a US soldier serving in Afghanistan. He wrote home to his teachers and the parents in the community, that there is a school near to where he is stationed in dire need of the basic supplies that children in the US take for granted. I got together a few supplies to donate, but when I was asked to make a card to send over with the package I was quite chuffed!

The package was to be sent for Christmas but I thought since Christmas is not celebrated in Afghanistan then I would make a friendship card. This is what I came up with.



The card size was 5 1/2 X 8 1/2. I made it twice the normal size to have enough room for the teachers and kids to sign it.

I used Everyday Paperdolls and Going Places carts for the cuts. I did have to edit the shirt on the Afghan boy with my Gypsy to get it long enough and his hat was just a cap with the tip trimmed off.
The boys and clothes were cut at 4 1/2 inches, The world was cut at 3 3/4.  I embossed the American boy's sweater with the snowflakes Cuttlebug folder then inked it to make it pop.

I used Peachy Keen Everyday Character Faces Assortment stamp set for the face and Glaze White pen for the white of the eyes. I downloaded the flags from online and printed them on photo paper and attached them to toothpicks.

The 'Hello Friends' stamp was actually taken from 2 different stamp sets. 'Friends' from My Pink Stamper Punny-licious set and 'Hello' from TPC Studio-Greetings set.

Enjoy. Please feel free to email me with questions and I love comments!
Happy Scrapping!
Judy

1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT!!!!!
    so nice of you to get some supplies together, Love your card....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...