Monday, July 18, 2011

Nuts About Sketches # 168 and # 169

Hello Everyone,

I usually don't post my pages until Shawn has a chance to post on the Nuts About Sketches blog but she was away and had a little mishap with her scheduler for sketch 169 and I also have a little mishap with sketch 168 from the previous week. So sorry if I have kept you all waiting. So today you will you have two pages in this post and after Shawn has posted the new sketch for this Monday there will be another post.

Both pages are for my in-laws' book. I am working on a scrapbook for my in-laws, it has taken me almost three years but now I am 3 pages away from completing it. It is looking really good and I will have to hand it over by August 15 when my Mother-in-law take it back to Finland.

Sketch 168 (left side):
This page is of the sauna and the lake at the summer place. The Finns are crazy about their saunas. In the summer it is just beautiful by the summer place and evening are so relaxing to sweat in 100 degrees Celsius (that's 212 degrees Fahrenheit), then running to the lake to cool off. The title 'Mennaan Saunaan' means 'Let's go to the sauna.'

 
What was used:
Cricut Gypsy Font (Title 1 inch letters welded)
Cricut Cindy Loo (5 flourishes for branch stem at 1 inch)
Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet (60 leaves cut at 0.5 inch on double sided green paper)
SCAL for the bucket
Fiskars Embossing plate in my Cuttlebug
DCWV Playtime Stack
Cardstock: Recollection and TPC Studios, K&C Remake Grass Green


 Sketch 169
I have been putting my titles for their book in Finnish but this one I had the perfect letters to go with the paper and since my in-laws speak excellent English I decided to use English for this one. The picture is of them skiing, they are avid cross country skiers sometimes taking the grand kids with them. My kids haven't gone yet but they have something to look forward to.

 
What was used:
DCWV The Winter Wonder Stack
TPC Studio Winter Blues Sticker Stack
Colorbox Glitter Rub-ons
Felt snow flakes and other embellies from my stash.

You can still visit Nuts About Sketches to see the gorgeous layouts from the rest of the DT and check in later for my take on Sketch 170. 

Happy Scrapping!
Judy

2 comments:

  1. They are both darling!!
    I especially love the "Sonw Fun", I like how it is mostly white like snow with your touch of blue,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...