Monday, May 2, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #12: Graduation

Hello everyone,

Its Teacher's Appreciation Week and I would love to thank all the wonderful teacher I have found in the craft world. So many of you share your craft and techniques so willing, I am a better crafter for it. So thank you all Teachers!

Its time for a new challenge at Celebrate the Occasion. This week Design Team 2 are challenged to create a project for a graduate.

I decided to try my first Easel card which I adapted to be money/ gift holder (just in case you don't know what to buy). I love the Easel card effect and I just love how easy they are to make! I expect that you will see a lot more of these cards from me. This card measures 5.5 X 4.25 when closed.

 
 
 
What was used:
Cricut A Child's Year (Hat had 2.5 inches, in black trip tassel, hide inner contours on Gypsy and cut in gold).
Cricut Birthday Bash (Font for GRAD cut at 0.95 inch)
Cricut Wild Card (Banner Frame cut at 8.8 inches
Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder
DCWV Gold Stag Star Paper
DCWV Black Congratulations Paper
Recollections Cardstock
Bazzill Gold Cardstock
Colorbox Charcoal Ink
Gold Ink

Visit Celebrate the Occasion and see the inspiring projects the design team have made. Then create a card, layout or project to wow us and post by Sunday, May 8th, 11:59pm (EST).

Happy Scrapping!
Judy

20 comments:

  1. Super card! great idea with the easel. You are so creative, so glad to be your team mate
    http:dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative card. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card! Makes me wish I could make one for all of my seniors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this is fantastic!!!
    How creative of you to make it a gift card/money holder!
    I love, love, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Judy. Wish I had a grad to make cards for. This is truly great.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is Fantastic. I love the paper that you used. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking card! I love the easel cards too! So creative to adapt for a money holder! Just became a follower. Thanks for your visits to my blog!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and I really like how you,ve made it a money holder as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great card! I love easel cards and the way you made a pocket to is so cool! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great easel card and who doesn't love a gift to go with it, money!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great easel card, love the money holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea , love the money holder. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, how incredibly creative to make your easel card into a money holder!! I love it!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at CTO this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is fabulous, Judy Ann! I love the money holder,and the easel fold! Very sophisticated! Super inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great easel card! I love that it can hold money or a gift card too, great grad gift!

    Great to be on the DT with you!
    - Rayna
    http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing! I love the fold and the money pocket is perfect for the occasion! Great job on the challenge this week! (PS I love the other LOS this week but I'm heading to bed and didn't get to leave comments on them) Have a wonderful mother's day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun idea for a money holder! I love it...thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great graduation giftholder plus card !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...