Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrate The Occasion Challenge #16: School's Out

Hello everyone,

Its time for another challenge at Celebrate the Occasion and this week's theme is 'School's Out' but you must have an apple. Create a card, layout or project and post by Sunday, June 5th, 11:59pm (EST). A winner will be announced and entered into May drawing for the Cricut's SPRING HOLIDAY CARDS cartridge!

I  made two of the same cards, one just a little more masculine for a male teacher. It is quite a simple card but I just love the plaid paper with the apples.


What was used:
Cricut My World (Apples cuts at 2.25 inches)
DCWV The Grade School Stack
DCWV The High School Stack
DCWV Doodlin' Around Stack
Recollection Cardstock
Gold Star Brads
Ribbons from stash
Best Teacher Stamp
Inks
I want to remind everyone that Celebrate the Occasion will be having our first Pool Party Blog Hop on June 4th. This will also be my first Blog Hop, I am very excited! I want to tell you there will by CANDY on every blog that is participating in the hop. I can't wait! Please come back on Saturday to join us.


Happy scrapping!
Judy

12 comments:

  1. Great job I love both your sweet cards
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat cute cards! I love the plaid and the gold stars are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those apple cuts and your right just the simple shade of color makes it two totally different gender perfect cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome as usual! I love the plaid for a teachers card and your eye for color is amazing! I love that you changed the shade ever so slightly yet it made such a difference! Great work again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! you just reminded me!! I need to make cards for my kids teachers --like yesterday!! Thanks for sharing....they are beautiful. The teachers are going to LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy these cards are beautiful. Love the DP on both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Judy -- Another set of BEAUTIFUL cards from you -- I just love your creative design... I'm always delighted to see what you've made!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    CTO DTM

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! I love the apples! Stop by my blog - I have an award for you!

    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Judy! The papers are super and the stars are such a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THese are so cute...great job making one of them more masculine. Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...